This week we are reviewing Atomic Habits by James Clear.
What was your favourite part of the book?
• The message of where habits can take you from and to. The start of the book and the subsequent starting point to get where he is today. It’s a key message.
• How to use visual cues to enhance your success is developing new habits
• How stacking habits together to build their power and increase your chance of staying on track.
• More info here https://jamesclear.com/habit-stacking
What’s the key thing you’ve taken from it?
• Following the system and it’s a system that’s straightforward too. I struggle with systems and I rail against them even though I know the value of a brilliant system. This one though felt was easy to understand and well written with a process that made sense.
• How much goes in to actually creating a new habit but with a good system how much easier it is to keep on track with your success.
Was there anything you didn’t like or agree with?
What one thing would you never tire of telling others about the book?
• Buy it! Simple straightforward system that is designed to get the best out of people and not a system for the sake of a system
• How to identify as the person who is already successful with the habit you want to create. Live life as that person
What one question would you ask the author?
• Motivation Versus Environment and Goals what would he say are the percentages of importance
• More information here https://jamesclear.com/taking-action
Rate the book out of 10
We gave it 8.7/10
Definitely a 9 for me. I’ve already noticed changes in my behaviour and I haven’t even put the system in place yet!
The next book is
• Drive “The surprising truth that motivates us” by Daniel Pink
Drop me a line if you’d like to find out more about the Asentiv Book Club and you’d like to join us for our October book review.